expire.ctl of mine :)

Elena Samsonova E.Samsonova at planetinternet.nl
Thu Nov 11 12:49:02 UTC 1999

Hi Esen,

> 	I'll be very embarrassed if you tell me it is the /remember/ line,
> that's why it stops expiring properly after 3-4 days.. Because the machine
> gives up expiring properly before it gets throttled.. I mean there's a
> gradual increase in disc usage.

Please don't be embarrassed :)  it's not the /remember/ line.  See the
manual page for more info on that.

I think the cause of your problems is that the format of expire.ctl has
changed.  The manual says:

              classnum:keep:default:purge
       Where classnum is the number that you specified  in  stor-
       age.conf(5).   The next three fields are used to determine
       how long an article should be kept.

Compare this format with yours (the old one).  Your second field (article
type) is now read as the number of days to keep the article in the spool.
That is most probably what isn't working.

So I would suggest that you start by converting your expire.ctl to the new
format.

Good luck
Elena