Okay...buffindexed, in -CURRENT source tree, is broken...

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Mon Oct 4 03:16:37 UTC 1999

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> In article <Pine.BSF.4.10.9910032330160.17532-100000 at thelab.hub.org>,
> 	The Hermit Hacker <scrappy at hub.org> wrote;
>
> } Oh...I've shutdown the server for now...won't be re-building it, so if its
> } something I can debug in the files, they are "as they were" when I sent
> } this out...
>
> I've got the similar problem here.  The problem happens if
> the buffer is filled up even if others are not.  Sorry for
> inconvenience.  I'll fix asap.

Hey, I can deal with the inconvience, or else I wouldn't be running
-CURRENT...just glad its something that can be fixed, means we're one more
step closer to getting 2.3 into beta :)

Great work, and thanks :)

But...neither of those buffers could have been filled yet...both we fresh
buffers, with cnfs buffers that were empty...and they were *at least* 1gig
in size each...I haven't even had a chance to bring in my news:

%wc -l ~/db/history
  109385 /news/admin/db/history

And the last inndf that did work hadn't even gotten to 1% reported used...

problems related, or are we talking abotu two different problems? :(

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy at hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org