found one of my problems

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Fri Oct 8 03:59:50 UTC 1999

In article <4.2.1.4.19991007204253.00a297e0 at pop.atgi.net>,
	Paul Theodoropoulos <paul at atgi.net> wrote;

} >} just discovered that my system wasn't writing overview data. i'm running
} >} buffindexed to rawdisks. my device nodes hadn't been touched since the end
} >} of last night's expire. why? while fiddling around with things, i had set
} >} "use overchan" to true in inn.conf.
} >
} >Do you have an overchan entry in newsfeeds?
}
} No, letting innd do it. Would it be better to use overchan with buffindexed?

You need to set up newsfeeds if useoverchan is true, since
innd stops writing overview if it's true.  And I don't think
you need to run overchan.  External overview creation would
be useful, if you use tradindexed which I think is bottleneck
of feed performance.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou