Problem with latest snapshot and buffindexed

Andrew Kemp andrew at larry.cc.swin.edu.au
Tue Oct 12 01:03:14 UTC 1999

Greetings,

For a while now we have been running a previous snapshot for our
new server, which was using the old tradindexed method for the overview
(yep, reader system).

Anyway, after following the discussions on this list, I decided it
was time to upgrade. I have upgraded to the latest snapshot this
morning, and the new code is built and installed.

However, when I try the following :

makehistory -b -f /tmp/history.n -O -I -T/tmp -l 300000

I get this error :

makehistory: OVopen failed

I have checked that the 'news' user has full permissions to the buffindexed
overview files, I have created them with 'dd', but I am stumped why this
will not work ?

Any suggestions. Thanks.

Regards,

Andrew Kemp

--
Unix,WWW,Proxy,News,DNS,LDAP,... Administrator	Phone	: 61 +3 9214-8252
Information Technology Services			Fax	: 61 +3 9214-8944