'make update' definitely broken

Elena Samsonova E.Samsonova at planetinternet.nl
Tue Oct 19 15:42:33 UTC 1999

Mmmm, we're not done yet.  For some reason configure discards my libcrypt
saying that there's no crypt() in it, but when I try to compile your
little test program by hand, it works fine.  And my libcrypt does contain
crypt (it's from GNU 2.0 binaries on Caldera OpenLinux 2.2).  So I added
-lcrypt to LIBS and it worked.

The second problem was a lot more annoying: I specified INN directory
other than /usr/local/news.  Files in sample/ where updated properly but
files in site/ were not which means that I had to manually copy them to
site or make failed.  I don't know if copying was the right thing to do,
but the files in site/ had all their references set to /usr/local/news and
that could not be right either.

Elena