active file too far ahead

Kjetil Torgrim Homme kjetilho at ifi.uio.no
Wed Oct 27 08:45:16 UTC 1999

On my system, active has gotten ahead of the real high watermark.

200 ifi.uio.no InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.2 21-Jan-1999 ready (posting ok).
list active ifi.foredrag
215 list:
ifi.foredrag 918 725 y
.
group ifi.foredrag
211 123 725 910 ifi.foredrag

Very odd.  I'm not sure how often this happens.  The above newsgroup
is in timehash, I haven't seen the problem in CNFS.

ctlinnd renumber seems broken (when I tried it, it adjusted the
lowmark much to high, so a hundred old posts were temporarily lost).

Anyway, I thought I'd just try my luck and ask if anyone had written a
script which syncs the active file with what GROUP says?

Kjetil T.