Case sensitivity in newsfeeds

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 29 19:01:11 UTC 1999

Javier Henderson <javier at KJSL.COM> writes:

> It seems that for the purposes of what paths to exclude from a feed:

> 	news.site.com != NEWS.site.com

> Is this on purpose? Should the pattern matching be case-insensitive?

It should be case-insensitive, and appears to be so to me.  innd/art.c:

/*
**  Return TRUE if a list of strings has a specific one.  This is a
**  generic routine, but is used for seeing if a host is in the Path line.
*/
STATIC BOOL ListHas(char **list, char *p)
{
    char                *q;
    char                c;

    for (c = *p; (q = *list) != NULL; list++)
        if (c == *q && caseEQ(p, q))
            return TRUE;
    return FALSE;
}

caseEQ() is a case-insensitive comparison.