More on 'group cache is full' problem ...

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Thu Sep 9 00:02:49 UTC 1999

I'm major confused here as to what is causing this problem...I've raised
the 'default file descriptors' for the news user to 10240, just in case
that might be triggering it...nothing...

If I raise -l #, it appears to reduce the problem, I think...I started at
5000, then 50000, and am now at 500000, and appear to be gettng further
along with the history file, but the overview records still hae problems
*sigh*

Still trying to plug away at it, but hopefully someone has a better idea
of what I'm looking for...truss appears to tell me nothing :(

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy at hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org