More on 'group cache is full' problem ...

Richard Michael Todd rmtodd at mailhost.ecn.ou.edu
Thu Sep 9 00:41:27 UTC 1999

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9909082117130.54336-100000 at thelab.hub.org>you write:

>the man page for makehistory references a -n option that I can't even find
>in the code:
>
>makehistory -b -n -f history.n -O -l 300000 -I

The code is correct, the man page is wrong. :-).  (The old -n option was meant
for use for makehistory running while innd is still up.  With the current
overview setup, multiple writers can write to the overview data at once, so
we just don't bother with the -n option and assume the user is smart enough
not to have makehistory write to the same history file that innd is currently
using.)