max-connections in incoming.conf

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Mon Sep 13 07:49:49 UTC 1999

I'm thinking of a new key in incoming.conf; 'nohold'
which enables not to hold remote connection for
PAUSE_BEFORE_DROP(5)*60 seconds.  I think this is
useful if the remote tries to connect excessively
for that period.

And I found max-connections is effective for each
IP address not for each label, while I'm trying to
implement above.  I think this is misused, since
max-connections can be set to each label, not to
each hostname which may be a list of remotehosts
or may have several IP addresses.  I'll try to fix
it for both STABLE and CURRENT.  Any comment?
--
Katsuhiro Kondou