More HP-inspired patches

Per Hedeland per at erix.ericsson.se
Wed Sep 15 18:57:35 UTC 1999

Heath Kehoe wrote:
>The main reason I suggest using sigaction() if it is available, is
>that its behavior is more consistent across different OSs than signal()
>is (since it's a POSIX-defined function).

FWIW, I agree 100% - no Unix application should be using anything other
than sigaction() (which may well be wrapped for calling convenience and
other reasons, of course) in this day and age, unless absolutely forced
to due to sigaction() being unavailable - which isn't the case for any
modern Unix. The fact that INN still uses signal() can just barely be
excused with the old "historical reasons".

--Per Hedeland
per at erix.ericsson.se