Build fails with perl5.00405 on RH 5.2

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Fri Sep 17 22:12:07 UTC 1999

Quoting Katsuhiro Kondou (kondou at nec.co.jp):
> In article <ylyae5pmq3.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu>,
> 	Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote;
>
> } > Perl is non-threaded.  Should we check perl version at configure to fix
> } > this?
> }
> } Nah, I just need to finish the ppport changes and backport them to STABLE;
> } they should solve this problem permanently.
>
> Aha, I see.

BTW:  The problem I had with STABLE (2.2.1) was with an "updated" perl package
that the check to see which of the two variable names was half-wrong.  I fixed
it by upgrading to the perl package that was in RedHat 6.0.  Rather than
trying to fix inn to account for this half-assed, never officially released
version of perl, maybe we should just tell people "you're using a broken
version of perl, upgrade".

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
SETI at Home:  Finally a *good* way to impress Jodie Foster