inn-2.2 / storageapi + wireformat == corruption

David W. Hankins dhankins at mercenary.net
Sat Sep 25 23:53:37 UTC 1999

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 04:21:22PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Yup.  I finally had a chance to go and look at this, and QIOread() has:

I'd rather innxmit just snarfed the article from storageapi then called
write() once rather than operate in line mode like that.  But I guess the
mime weirdness makes that too difficult.

> The wire format guessing code is still going to need to use the first line
> termination found to determine whether an article is in wire format so
> that we can support older spools, but that should be safely in the headers
> where I'm pretty sure bare newlines are outlawed by the standards.

As I recall, line termination in the headers not matching \r\n are rejected
on error when INN receives an article, so that's probably a safe assumption.

Network Mercenary			you'll just have to do it again."
Currently For-Hire				-- Jack T. Hankins