POD converters

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 29 16:19:57 UTC 1999

Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou at nec.co.jp> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote;

>> For those who wish to write INN documentation in POD, here's some

> I'm modifying inn.conf.pod but how should I write it to show like this?
> (it's from innfeed.conf(5))

>        dynamic-method
>               This key requires a value between 0 and 3. It  con-
>               trols  how  connections (up to max-connections) are
>>
>               numbers of connections  is  considered  antisocial.
>               The meanings of the various settings are:

>               0 no method
>                      Increase  of  connections  up to max-connec-
>                      tions is unrestrained.

>               1 maximize articles per second
>                      Connections are increased (up to max-connec-
>                      tions)  and  decreased so as to maximize the

=item dynamic-method

This key requires a value between 0 and 3.  It controls how connections
(up to I<max-connections>) are
[...]
numbers of connections is considered antisocial.  The meanings of the
various settings are:

=over 4

=item 0 no method

Increase of connections up to I<max-connections> is unrestrained.

=item 1 maximize articles per second

Connections are increased (up to I<max-connections>) and decreased so as
to maximize the
[...]

=back

Basically, lists like that start with =over 4 as a paragraph by itself,
each item is marked with =item, and the text is just written as normal
text.  The list ends with a =back.  Nested lists should be handled
correctly.