Orphaned history record

George Lindholm George.Lindholm at ubc.ca
Thu Sep 30 20:34:09 UTC 1999

N wrote:

> George Lindholm wrote:
>
> >   I just came accros a history record that refered to an article
> > that is no longer on the system. As far as I can tell, the
> > article was purged around the 20th, but history still thinks
> > it is around.
>
> What version of INN are you running?  Are you using traditional spool with
> or without using the storage API?  Did you try cancelling the article via
> ctlinnd?  Did you wait /remember/ days yet?

It's 2.3. Combination of timehash/cnfs/tradspool. The article in
question
was a timehash'd one. Using ctlinnd to cancel doesn't do anything.
/remember/ is irrelevant since innd still thinks that the article in
in the spool area.

> > Other than shutting down the server and rebuilding the history
> > file from scratch, is there anything else I can do to clean up
> > my history file? Any plans to get the recovery tools working
> > again with 2.3?
>
> What tools exactly are you talking about?

makehistory -u

And it looks like we need something that goes through and validates
history entries.

   George

--
George.Lindholm at ubc.ca       ITServices, UBC
Programmer/Analyst

phone:    604.822.4375       fax:      604.822.5116