CNFS ans storage.conf problem

Esen Akyapi esena at metu.edu.tr
Fri Apr 7 13:01:04 UTC 2000

	Hi;

	I am trying to convert to CNFS method from traditional method. My
configuration file has some problems which I couldn't manage to
understand. If anyone can, please write back to me.

	When I run makehistory like:

	makehistory -tS -D PATH_OF_TRAD_SPOOL

	I get the message saying,

Can't initialize storage manager: one or more storage methods failed
initialization.

	Before that it had a problem with the class line of the following
lines:

method cnfs {
        newsgroups:biz.*,gnu.*,talk.*,sci.*
        class: 5
}

Then I commented these lines and the message above appeared. How will I
ever get the storage manager work?

P.S.: Attached file is my final storage.conf

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: storage.conf
-- Desc: STORAGECONF

method cnfs {
        newsgroups: alt.*,rec.*,alt.binaires.*,alt.bainaries.*
        class: 1
}

method cnfs {
        newsgroups: tr.*,metu.*
        class: 2
}

method cnfs {
        newsgroups: comp.*,control.*,misc.*,news.*
        class: 3
 }

method cnfs {
        newsgroups: bit.*,soc.*,eunet.*,frebuff.*
        class: 4
}

method cnfs {
        newsgroups:biz.*,gnu.*,talk.*,sci.*
        class: 5
}

method cnfs {
        newsgroups: bionet.*,clari.*,k12.*,humanities.*
        class: 6
}

method cnfs {
        newsgroups: *