expiration policy and CNFS problems.

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 10 20:35:16 UTC 2000

DomoComm bvba <domocomm at pandora.be> writes:

>  I am relatively new to Inn and am struggling with the expiration
>  policy under CNFS. The expiration of most articles is too fast and
>  does not line up with what is configured in the expire.ctl file.

If you're using strictly CNFS, you normally don't want to specify a
per-newsgroup expiration policy at all.  The articles will automatically
expire when the cycbuffs roll over; the only thing that an expiration
policy can do is delete them faster than they would be removed otherwise.

With current INN versions, your nightly report should contain information
on how fast your cycbuffs are rolling over.  If they're rolling over too
fast, you may need to move around what articles go where so that articles
you want to retain for longer are in less-used cycbuffs.