Update version converters needed

Brian Kantor brian at UCSD.Edu
Tue Apr 11 20:25:54 UTC 2000

>> > Also Is INN 2.X threading?
>> No, it isn't.
>Well the above should be implemented before INN 2.3 is released.

I'm inclined to ask why.  Do you believe that there is some great improvement
in efficiency, portability, or maintainability of the existing program to be
gained thereby?

If one were writing a whole new program, and all the platforms on which it
would be run were to have good, working support for kernel threads, then
it would be a reasonable idea.  But to reconstruct a program that was not
designed in that manner is asking for problems - and we're nowhere near
through fixing bugs in the existing code.

INN suffers enough from "second system syndrome" without this.
	- Brian