Update version converters needed

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 11 21:23:58 UTC 2000

The Doctor <doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes:

> I would LOVE to see cyclone choke because INN became superior.

So would I, but INN also has an existing user base that will benefit a lot
from the improvements in 2.3.  On top of that, 2.3 is a significant change
to a lot of the core data structures and we need to get it out and in
general testing so that we can move forward with other improvements.

Making it possible to parallelize INN is something that's on my long-term
to-do list, but it won't happen quickly.  INN is written in a very poor
style to be easily threaded (it uses lots of global variables), and that
will have to be changed slowly over time.