cnfs cycbuff problem

Brian Kantor brian at UCSD.Edu
Tue Apr 11 22:25:31 UTC 2000

>  Oldest: beats me, who knows how long ago

The comment before that code is
  # We give up if the article is missing in history, or else
  # we stand a high risk of checking the whole cycbuff...

As a data point, 'cnfsstat -a' on my news transit system ran for
about 88 minutes elapsed time before I killed it.  It hadn't come
up with an answer yet at that point.

Ok, so I have a 400MB history file and two cnfs buffers of 16GB
each it had to wander around in, but still...  (BSD/OS 4.1,
inn-STABLE_2_2-2000-03-22_03-07, about 2.6 GB/hour incoming)
	- Brian