History not expiring

Eddie Stassen eddies at saix.net
Wed Apr 12 15:10:09 UTC 2000

INN 2.2.1/CNFS/Solaris 2.6

I have just hit the 2G limit on my history file again.  This happened
the first time about two months ago after which I recompiled INN with
--with-largefiles. I have subsequently learnt that the largefile support
does not work properly under Solaris 2.6.

Now I have noticed something strange.  I was under the impression that
my daily expire would remove old articles from the history file, but the
very first entry in my history file has a timestamp of Feb 17 (the day I
rebuilt my setup) even though my expiry is set for 10 days.  The
overview seems to be expiring correctly but the history just keeps on
growing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eddie