mail to news and vice versa

Matthew Harrell mharrell at bittwiddlers.com
Wed Apr 12 19:55:39 UTC 2000

: One way is to make the n.g. moderated so all messages go to the list post
: address. I never tried any of the stuff which comes with news, it wasn't
: there when I started doing gateways back in Bnews days, but I just keep
: the mail message-id and let the news server cope with dups, news does that
: well. So everything goes into news first, and a split second later an
: accepted article gets fed to a news2mail hack and mailed to the list.

Well I was trying to make it transparent so you could either respond to the
news article or to respond to the email and appropriate action would be taken.

: There are lots of other ways to do it, and I think the docs for what comes
: with INN discuss this.

Hmm, I guess I've just missed that stuff.  I'm finding it a little hard to
figure out all the ins and outs of inn.

I'll have to dig around and see what I can find.

--
  Matthew Harrell                          The Earth is like a tiny grain of
  Bit Twiddlers, Inc.                       sand, only much, much heavier.
  mharrell at bittwiddlers.com