another news.daily question

Qonita qoni198 at puspa.cs.ui.ac.id
Thu Apr 13 07:58:21 UTC 2000

On 12 Apr 2000, Russ Allbery wrote:

> information.  So there is a period of time when overview information is
> still there but the articles aren't, but at most this causes news clients
> to think that the articles have already expired or been cancelled.  And if

How long can this period be? After our server crashed, things don't look
right.  Some articles are lost, and some others have wrong sender name or
wrong contents.

> nnrpdcheckart (I think that's the right setting; it might be slightly
> different) is set to true, nnrpd checks to make sure the articles exist
> before returning the overview information, at the cost of some speed.

I've had nnrpdcheckart set to true since the beginning.
If the overview information is damaged because of the crash, is there a
way to fix it?

@ Qonita a.k.a niet @
qoni198 at puspa.cs.ui.ac.id

   -- I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand --