cnfs cycbuff problem

ab at icsmedia.de ab at icsmedia.de
Fri Apr 14 10:08:44 UTC 2000

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 03:26:59PM +0200, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
> >   > $PATHBIN/makehistory -o -r -s `wc -l $PATHDB/history`
> >   > sort -t' ' +1 -2 $PATHTMP/newindex > $PATHTMP/newindex.sorted
> >   > $PATHBIN/expireindex -a -o -z < $PATHTMP/newindex.sorted
> >   >

> >   After that CMDs, I got only 5 wrong MSGs. At next, I started a
> >   "news.daily delayrm lowmark" .  500 wrong entries. Where the bug ?
> >   In the cnfs ?

Sorry about my inaccurateness.
I mean, messages with a destructed PATH line. I read a group, and not all messages
are from it. The thing with 500 is a scan over 10 groups, befor the expire I got 5
and after 500 bad messages from 2000 collectived.

Ok, I looked at an overview file. The beginning of the file is corrupt.
Example:

ar 2000 23:37:46 GMT    <38C591C4.E15330B0 at ramrod.com>                  594     Xr
ay_video>                       695

The end of the file is like:

THE HIGH LLAMAS:Cold and bouncy - File 14 of 18 - 12 - Over The River.mp3 (20/22)       beggarmen at lion.cc (Beggars)

Shouldn the "makehistory -I $PATHTMP/newindex -O -n" create a new overview ?

Axel