[INN-2.2.2] innd memory leaks ???

Alexandre CHERIF alexandre.cherif at fr.worldonline.com
Fri Apr 14 12:31:48 UTC 2000

Re,

Yes actually, it happens sometimes, less frequently than before but it still happens

For info, my feeder was carrying about 42go/Day, has now 1Go of memory and 3.5Go of swap
but innd is still growing so the "ugly" solution that i've found is to restart innd everynight
before news.daily.

the size of innd is 1309Mo and the RES is 122Mo. since the size of innd get bigger as i take
more news. i can't figure who is consuming memory. for your info when fastcancel runs, the size
of innd is reduced for about 150Mo.

here is the part of news.err for the problem :
Apr 14 14:12:10 spica innd: SERVER cant fork /services/news/bin/startinnfeed Not enough space
Apr 14 14:12:10 spica innd: innfeed! cant spawn spooling Not enough space

Apr 14 14:12:10 spica innd: SERVER cant fork /services/news/bin/c-nocem Not enough space
Apr 14 14:12:10 spica innd: nocem! cant spawn spooling Not enough space

the disk isn't the problem the space available is 160Go.

the two options for the "memory leak" is :

cleanfeed is keeping the hash for the article in a strange manner so when it starts it get up to
200Mo in one or two seconds :((

my innd is keeping some article in memory for later transmit but doesn't free the old pages. but
not all, because i've seen innd recude itself for one or two Mo.

Regards
----
Alexandre