strange inn "crash"

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at atgi.net
Sat Apr 15 03:26:17 UTC 2000

ah. as the kid's say these days, 'my bad'. yeah, i had the hard limit
cranked way up (so high i'm embarrassed to admit the value!).

It's strange though, at almost the exact same time (according to an email
exchange), one of my newspeers in the midwest U.S. experienced an almost
identical sort of failure - syslog bailed, innd essentially hung, with
virtually no traffic passing down the pipe. For a while there, we were both
wondering whether this might be some new kind of DoS of nntp.

thanks,
paul

--
Paul Theodoropoulos                       Advanced TelCom Group, Inc.
Senior Unix Systems Administrator                   Internet Services