expire problems

Kevin McKinnon kevin at sunshinecable.com
Tue Apr 25 18:47:29 UTC 2000

> During the expiring process in the inn 2.2.1, I try to run "news.daily
> expireover lowmark" and it returns me the following message:
>
> usenet... User unknow
> /usr/local/new/deadletter... Saved message in
> /usr/local/news/dead.letter
>
> It tryes to send a message to an inexistent user called usenet!! And
> doesn perform the expiring process.
> What's wrong?

Hi Mauricio,

What address do you want your reports sent to?  This is specified in
~news/lib/innshellvars.

Edit the line in ~news/lib/innshellvars that starts with
NEWSMASTER=
to specify the address you want stuff sent to.  For your own address,
change the line to read:
NEWSMASTER=msteixeira at fazenda.sp.gov.br

Or, you can edit the /etc/aliases file on the news server to include
usenet: msteixeira at fazenda.sp.gov.br
then run 'newaliases'.

The content of the expire message you sent shows that expire *did*
run okay, just very quickly since there's so few articles in there
right now.

Best regards,
Kev

Kevin McKinnon, Sr. News Administrator              news at sunshinecable.com
Sunshine Communications Cable Internet       http://news.sunshinecable.com
[cronkite.sunshinecable.com  INN2.3  Incoming Curr: 9.8Mbps,Peak:17.5Mbps]