Arrgh! latest innfeed crashes like heck!

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 26 04:42:42 UTC 2000

Sven Paulus <sven at tin.org> writes:

> Son of 1036 limits the overall length of a Message-ID to 250
> octets. innfeed could just drop articles with ID which are longer,
> configurable per peer, but this isn't a nice solution at all. Being more
> robust towards broken peers is better. And before a Message-ID starts
> looping we should better drop it ...

True, and I agree with adding something like this to innfeed, but
shouldn't innd have also already rejected such an article?  I don't think
innd should accept articles with message IDs so long that to send them
back out requires breaking the NNTP protocol, and we're already picky
about message IDs....