The history is broken again.

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 28 10:57:05 UTC 2000

Julien Oster <joster+inn at soft-research.de> writes:

> ok, one day has passed, my history is broken again.

Hm.  This is sounding a lot like the nightly expire is breaking this.  I
wonder if parts of INN thinking that you're using tagged hash and parts
thinking that you're using regular hash could cause the symptoms you're
seeing.

Could you mail me an ls -l of your db directory?  Also, did you build all
of INN with --enable-tagged-hash?  Apparently makedbz has this right,
since running it fixes the problem, yes?  You don't even need makehistory?

> Russ, how should I send you the history files? Please mail me the FTP
> server you are using. Else, I could sendfile it to you or put in on one
> of my servers.

I don't have an ftp server that allows uploads just at the moment.  :/
Could you try the above first, and if that doesn't reveal anything useful,
also include all of history.dir (which should be a regular text file of
only a few lines) in a mail message?  If that also doesn't reveal anything
useful, we'll work out a way for you to get the history file to me.