mail-news bidirectional gateway

Miquel van Smoorenburg list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl
Tue Aug 1 21:35:06 UTC 2000

In article >04a201bffbe5$11d94f00$b700a8c0 at idns.net>,
Lim Hui Min <huimin.lim at i-dns.net> wrote:
>I face similar problem of having the news2mail spamming every group instead
>of just one.
>I am wondering if there is any fix already been done on the news2mail script
>this one month?

You might also try the script we're using to gateway mail to news
and vice versa. It's at ftp://ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/software/
Latest version is cistron-m2n-1.35.tar.gz

It is optizmed for gatewaying mailinglists. It's pretty clever; it can
detect that a message was posted to 2 mailing lists and then crosspost
them to 2 newsgroups and vice versa; it does message-id mangling, it
converts from In-Reply-To: to References if needed, etc.

Mike.
--
Cistron Certified Internetwork Expert #1. Think free speech; drink free beer.
Reply to the list or to miquels at cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)