Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) compliancy?

Russell Vincent russellv at uk.uu.net
Fri Aug 11 16:17:26 UTC 2000

> You said you never saw it discussed here.  Getting INN into its
> current install state was hard.  There was a protracted discussion
> on this list with many people having strong opinions.  Go read the
> archives.  (Probably from 1997, early 1998.)

Not too protracted.  :-)  See the thread with:

Subject: Path config in inn.conf

in March 1998.

The gist of it was that I did most of the work converting to that
system and chose the filesystem layout to something I thought
was sensible for a news system. I suggested that whoever wanted
something different (after some discussion) should submit patches
to make their layout an option. To the best of my knowledge, nobody
produced the patches, so an alternative layout was never included.
Most people appeared to like the current system.

 -Russell