Problem with inews

Michael Stassen stassenm at indiana.edu
Mon Aug 21 01:21:40 UTC 2000

NNTPSERVER is unset, as was the case before.  My nnrp.access has

  # Default is no access, no way to authentication, and no groups.
  *::::!*
  #
  # Let anyone at IUB read kbreview
  *.indiana.edu:Read Post:::kbreview
  #
  # Let anyone on a local machine read/post all groups
  stdin:Read Post:::*
  localhost:Read Post:::*
  127.0.0.1:Read Post:::*
  jalapeno.ucs.indiana.edu:Read Post:::*

Jalapeno is the machine running INN.  There are a half dozen more lines
like the last for our other internal use machines, and a matching line for
each with the IP number in place of the FQDN.

I probably should have mentioned that I can post using trn from a user
account on Jalapeno, and I can post using a desktop client on a different
machine.

Michael