Active file

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 24 03:05:51 UTC 2000

John Horn <jhorn1 at desperate.ci.tucson.az.us> writes:

> I just grabbed 2.3.0 for a new news installation. I haven't administered
> news for several years now and I can't recall where to get the latest
> active file (is that still the right name?).

You're probably looking for <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/> and the
files contained therein, although you may want to do some pruning of that
active file before using it (it's very complete, particularly in alt.*
where it may be a bit *too* complete for your tastes -- it has most things
that have ever been newgroup'd).