I'll throttle the server if it doesn't cooperate!

TTSG ttsg at ttsg.com
Thu Aug 24 22:53:46 UTC 2000

> In article <200008241347.JAA01100 at heimdall.ttsg.com>,
> 	Tuc <ttsg at ttsg.com> wrote;
>
> } 	We had a crash of a news server recently, and had problems restoring
> } the backup.  While running it would give alot of "File or directory not
> } founds" and it would eventually throttle.  You'd go it, and it'd do it again
> :
> } Aug 23 18:45:04 news innd: tradspool: could not make directory /u1/local/news/sp
> } ool/articles/alt/wastewater No such file or directory
>
> Can you make directory alt/wastewater at
> /u1/local/news/spool/articles as news?

	Well, actually, no.

	I was **PROMISED** that there was nothing wrong with the system,
and if the directory couldn't be made it was an INN problem. Lo and behold,
the OS has a limit of 1000 entries per directory!!!!!!  The System Admin
changed it to 32767 and recompiled.... We are waiting to see what happens.

		Tuc/TTSG