AGAIN: buffindexed: ovaddrec could not get new block

Mirek Luc mirecki at nask.pl
Mon Dec 4 15:32:52 UTC 2000

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> I cannot currently remember if mmap over file size promises
> filling null data.
Me too... Buffindexed ovmethod do that?

> But if not, the problem may happen.
I don't know how this ovmethod *realy* works, but why does it do mmap'ing
over a buffer size? Sorry for dumb question...

> Have you dd'ed whole buffer and the problem happened?
I started with zero'ed OV buffer a few weeks ago and OV crashed with
45-46% buffer usage. I can test it again today night or tomorrow. So I'll
do "dd if=/dev/zero of=/path/to/buff bs=1k count=2000000". And
"makehistory -O" of course. I'll let you know.

-Mirek