Hardware for INN

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Tue Dec 5 01:16:43 UTC 2000

In article <20001204140141.A80579 at tomobiki.cts.com>,
	Brennon Church <ctsbac at cts.com> wrote;

} on a FreeBSD/Intel box?  I'm running one of the snapshots from June 1999,

Too old to run as snapshot.

} 36 and 50 gigs, not raided.  Storage method is cycbuff, with the overview
} being written in the 2 files/group format (Sorry, I don't remember the name
} for this, but it's the one that creates the .IDX and .DAT files for each
} group).  The max I've been able to get this system to accept is about 130
} gigs a day.  All drives are LVD seagate barracudas.

That snapshot uses what we currenctly call tradindexed.
It cannot keep up with fullfeed in most environment.
This is why I wrote buffindexed.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou