AGAIN: buffindexed: ovaddrec could not get new block

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Tue Dec 5 02:28:20 UTC 2000

In article <Pine.GSO.4.05.10012050257020.13419-100000 at boromir>,
	Mirek Luc <mirecki at nask.pl> wrote;

} I don't understand anything now. Makehistory has just recreated history
} and overview databases without "ovaddrec could not get new block"
} errors... I'm going to sleep... Katsuhiro, I don't know what happened.
} I'll try to investigate the problem tomorrow. Hmmm, today...

Then your bit map was dirty when mmaped over file size.  This
explains me what happens.  Buffindexed assumes all bits are
unset if it see a new ovbuff, and unused blocks is counted by
how many blocks it used.  This is what 'inndf -o' shows.  But
when it comes to get new block, it looks up bit map to determine
which block is free.  If all bits are set, it claims like
'no space left for buffer, adding...'.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou