Problem using trn & INN 2.3.1

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Tue Dec 5 12:22:58 UTC 2000

In article <Pine.LNX.4.30.0012051139560.18275-100000 at cddb.ubicom.tudelft.nl>,
	Patrick Vervoorn <vervoorn at cddb.ubicom.tudelft.nl> wrote;

} And all completes in an orderly fashion. The other (INN 2.3.1-based)
} server differs from this in that when the XOVERs are issued using the
} information returned (211 341125 806723 1147847 alt.chello.binaries), an
} error is generated for the first XOVER.

I'm not sure how this comes.  As to high load, I've seen
it in my production server.  This is due to retrieving
index from the database is done for each command, and this
is not low cost for buffindexed.  I've fixed this to have
internal cache not to refer index so long as staying same
newsgroup.  This reduces server load and gains server
performance.  This is fixed only for CURRENT(2.4), though.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou