Again: innd got SIGBUS (fwd)

Mirek Luc mirecki at nask.pl
Fri Dec 15 13:00:29 UTC 2000

No ideas? I should send you more details in my previous mail. Sorry.
I removed many groups by hand. As suggested in ctlinnd(8): ctlinnd
throttle, vi active, ctlinnd go. The next newgroup caused "bus error".
mmap(2) says:
     The mmap() function allows [pa, pa + len) to  extend  beyond
     the  end  of  the  object both at the time of the mmap() and
     while the mapping persists, such as when the file is created
     prior  to  the  mmap() call and has no contents, or when the
     file is truncated. Any reference to addresses beyond the end
     of  the  object,  however,  will result in the delivery of a
     SIGBUS or SIGSEGV signal. The mmap() function cannot be used
ICDiovset() tried to access data beyond the end of the active file.
It seems to me that ctlinnd(8) lies.:(
-Mirek