innpeer-stats [was: Re: innd logging conventions]

Fabien Tassin fta at sofaraway.org
Thu Dec 28 21:48:01 UTC 2000

According to Russ Allbery:

> Alexander Koch <efraim at sonic.de> writes:
>
> > This can be clearly be avoided with a daily reload all by cron, at least
> > that is what I am doing, half an hour before the scripts are
> > running. But there should be, say, a way to make innd spit out
> > checkpoints *now* (like ctlinnd stats now) for a analyzing script
> > running a couple of minutes after that..
>
> This sounds very good to me.

This is just a workaround, this will not cure the illness.
The problem is that the checkpoints are made in NCpostit() each
'nntpactsync' articles. IMHO, they should be made in CHANreadloop()
but by seconds instead of by accepted articles..
A hook like STATUSmainloophook() or TMRmainloophook() would be fine.

Fabien Tassin -+- fta at sofaraway.org