innpeer-stats [was: Re: innd logging conventions]

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Dec 30 16:55:49 UTC 2000

Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou at nec.co.jp> writes:

> I'm currently rewriting nc.c/art.c as I wrote before.  I'll take into
> account of this.  The whole work will take more few weeks.

While you're working on that, should we go ahead and drop the concept of
obsolete headers in innd?  innd is currently still stripping:

    Date-Received
    Posted
    Posting-Version
    Received
    Relay-Version

when it sees them.  This doesn't seem required by any standard, and
actually I think we're more correct from a standards perspective if we
don't touch headers other than Xref and Path.  It should also simplify the
work you're doing to get rid of this.