History file overflow

Eddie Stassen eddies at saix.net
Sun Feb 13 13:32:26 UTC 2000

Some news.err extracts:

Feb 12 05:59:07 ctb-nnrp1 innd: SERVER cant write history File too large
Feb 12 05:59:17 ctb-nnrp1 innd: SERVER throttle Value too large for defined data type writing history file -- throttling
etc.

It seems that my history file is hitting the 2Gb mark.  When this happend the first time about a week ago, I rebuilt inn with "with-largefiles", hoping it would solve the problem, but its back again.  Doing a makehistory -o brings the file back to just under the 2gig mark, but its obviously just a matter of time before its going to happen again.

BTW is this a normal size for history for a full feed?  I am running with cnfs and a 160G spool. (inn 2.2 on Solaris 2.6).  Remenber is set at 14.

Thanx,
Eddie