[2.3-20000219] HP-UX: INN completely wedged during expire/makehistory

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at nec.co.jp
Thu Feb 24 13:22:02 UTC 2000

In article <20000223132318.A8940 at caerdonn.eurocontrol.fr>,
	Ollivier Robert <ollivier.robert at eurocontrol.fr> wrote;

} I have a very recent INN 2.3exp (see subject) and I have a big problem
} where during expire (happens also with manual "makehistory -O"). The
} expire/inn/makehistory processes are completely wedged and don't respond to
} any signal including -9.
}
} I suspect a kernel bug triggered by INN's usage of mmap(2).

I've never ran HP-UX, but my private server which is
based on SVR4.2MP saw the same problem.  This was due
to buffer on block device for buffindexed.  I gave up
block device, and switched to normal file.  It works.
Just FYI.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou