I don't know INN Spec.

Roberto Bertucci roberto.bertucci at unisource.it
Wed Jan 12 08:12:08 UTC 2000

Hello,
a (more or less) full newsfeed takes at least 63 to 70 GB/day.
Hardware setup depends on several things. In my experience, the most
critical aspect is the disk I/O speed.
BTW, you can't forget memory aspects.

Currently our setup is:
- Sun Enterprise 3500 dual proc, 2GB RAM
- 100GB online spool (it is only a feeder machine, for a nnrp server you
need more storage, depending on the article expiration criteria you want to
use)

I think that our server is a little oversized., but i don't know for sure
which is the minimum setup needed in order to absorb a full newsfeed.

Regards,
Roberto Bertucci.

We are currently using INN 2.2.