bugs in expire? corrupt history?

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at atgi.net
Sat Jan 15 00:17:45 UTC 2000

At 04:09 PM 01/14/2000 , you wrote:
> > this is solaris 7, SPARC, 64 bit kernel, compiled with largefiles support,
> > tagged-hash history.
>
>I'm not using tagged so there must be a 32bit/64bit boog in tagged history
>code.  I'll give that a quick look tonight - division or multiplication
>at dbzagain time during expire is where I'd look first.

cool. much appreciated.

the dbz just went kerbluey again, 2+G, can't dbzstore the same hash. argh.
so, it's not a problem with expire, that's for sure at least.

> > >Could you have a conflict with innd's md5 routine and some system library
> > >md5 routine?
> > could be, but i wouldn't know where to look. it's a pretty straightforward
> > install, many of the GNU programs are installed, but that's it.
>
>I had problems during some early ports of spamhippo into inn2.0 when hippo
>brought an md5 routine into the mix and so did Clayton's md5 history.

i run cleanfeed over on the feedexchanger, we have so very few people who
actually use my lovely newsserver (about a half dozen) that i've not felt
much need for any filtering on the reader box...
Paul Theodoropoulos                    Advanced TelCom Group Inc.
Senior Unix Systems Administrator      Internet Services Division
paul at atgi.net                          Santa Rosa, California, US
Work: http://www.atgi.net         Play: http://www.anastrophe.com