expiring news by raising low water mark ...

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Mon Jan 17 13:10:14 UTC 2000

I realize that this may be an odd request, but at the university I work
at, the profs use the news server for 'course discussions' and want to
periodically purge news pre-date X ... I'm figuring that the easiest way
to do that would be to mark all articles in a group less then 'article #Y'
as expired ...

the last time I tried this, I tried to just throttle, edit active and
raise low water and then unthrottle, but as soon as expireover ran, it
"fixed" this ...

Is there any way I can do this?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: scrappy at hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org