Latest cleanfeed that works with -current?

Jeremy jeremy at exit109.com
Sun Jul 9 00:37:35 UTC 2000

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 05:08:08PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> I already have this patch installed.  INN just grows like a weed.
>> FreebSD 4.0.  W/o cleanfeed, runs fine.
>
> I haven't heard any other reports of this... anyone else having this
> problem?  It sounds suspiciously like a memory leak in Perl.

Interesting.  I have Cleanfeed running on Diablo under FreeBSD, and have
found it to go "runaway" (peg the CPU, do nothing) consistently if you
feed it very large articles.  Same code works fine on INN2.2.2/Solaris,
and Cyclone/Solaris (though I don't have any Cyclone boxes anymore, so I
can't side-by-side test that at this point).  This isn't something we've
been able to isolate yet; the only workaround we found is to limit the
article size sent to the filter (which you can't do in INN, of course).

FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE, the perl 5.005_03 build included with the OS install.

-Jeremy