Draft specification for future X-Trace header

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 12 05:36:30 UTC 2000

Marco d'Itri <md at linux.it> writes:

> (BTW, will INN 2.3 work reliably using a netapp for everything?  It does
> not need to be very fast or cost-effective, the feed is tiny.)

Standard problem with running INN over NFS is that it likes mmap and NFS
doesn't.  If you turn off mmap for everything, it will likely work fine,
but Clayton made some rumblings about not supporting mmap-free systems any
more, so I'm not sure if that still works.  I keep meaning to go peer at
that and haven't had time.