Moderation and php

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 17 02:25:23 UTC 2000

OlivierS <teardrop at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> I would like to modify the moderation mail which is sent by innd to put
> inside a form in php which will show the mail to accept and will offer
> two buttons : yes or no to accept or not the post.  Does anyone has
> ideas how to implement the php programm and also how to filter the
> outgoing moderation mail to put inside the php code ?  Another problem
> is if the users post in html format ??? how could i put the php inside ?

You want to turn the original post into an attachment and use
multipart/mixed at that point.

I think putting the code in INN is the wrong place to put it; instead, I'd
point INN's moderation submission address (using the moderators file) at a
local address that delivers to a script.  That script can then slurp in
the message, do whatever encapsulation and munging is necessary, and
forward it to the actual moderators.

That solution scales better (it works, for example, even after the
newsgroup has been distributed to multiple servers that aren't under your
direct control and therefore can't have your code added), and it's simple
to implement.