Articles not in active or history

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 18 22:06:04 UTC 2000

Bob Kryger <bkryger at edgix.com> writes:

> How is it that we have article files in the spool directory that are not
> listed in the history or active files?

I don't know; it depends a lot on the history of your spool.  Was anything
ever added manually?  Has innd ever crashed on you?  Depending on the
version of INN you're running, there are various ways to repare this;
problems with the active file are the hardest.  Problems with the history
file can be fixed with a script to do the necessary ctlinnd addhist
commands.